Monday, April 12, 2010

Food as Gifts

Recipes?
I sometimes laugh in the face of such. HA! But then sometimes you have to follow a recipe to the pinnest point so I don’t always laugh. Like Divinity. Did you know the type of pan you use will make or break this stuff?

I spent about 5 years learning how to make all the “hard to make” candies and I would devote every 3rd Christmas season to cooking and bundling up 15-20 different selections on decorated plates as gifts. It actually became a bigger deal than I realized and the first year I missed, I received complaints. Who knew?

I enjoy it, so I don’t mind continuing the routine. I have certain people who have particular requests, so I have those treats that I MUST do each time I make food gifts. Eventually, about 9 years ago, I had to add something besides candy, so now I have a wider selection each time I plan a food year.

Not everybody gets everything, as I’ve learned some people’s likes and dislikes but there is always someone new to add, so they get a larger variety. Loved ones always get the biggest batches (trays and/or platters of food instead of plates).

This year (2010) is a food year! Hooray. I am anxious to add a couple of new things this year, so I’ll post them into here, along with recipes and pictures of the past and ongoing favorites.

Check back soon!
Connie