Monday, April 12, 2010

French Bulldogs

I cannot imagine any person ever not loving French Bulldogs, once they have met one. My brother laughed and poked fun at them nonstop for years until I got some and now he thinks they are adorable (even though he would NEVER admit it). I talk to people all the time who are converts. At least twice a week and usually more often, I am in a conversation about French Bulldogs. I love these guys.

So when I first had to start going through a divorce 5 years ago, I didn’t want to go back into an executive job market and I didn’t feel strong enough to be a financial advisor right then, plus I didn’t want to put my baby into daycare. So, I opened a sewing boutique and bought four French Bulldogs and began raising champion Frenchies for the show ring.

Wow. I am an animal lover (confirmed and certified), so I think just about every animal is cute, period. And dogs are one of my favorites. I’ve always like flat-faced dogs: Shih-tzu, Pekingese, Pugs, but had never really met any bulldogs.

When I did finally meet a French Bulldog, I was hooked in about 11 minutes. These little guys are incredible. They are little clown dogs and forever loyal. They love to love and be loved and will put on a show for anyone who will give their attention. They are perfect pets and naturally clean dogs (I like that).

Of course, mine are spoiled rotten, but I do not claim responsibility for it. Someone breaks into my house every day and spoils them.

Rebekah is an animal lover, too, so she loves that I have the bulldogs. We have about 3 litters of champion-bred puppies per year and man, are they the most doted on and adored puppies EVER!! I rarely make money, but manage to break even now. I have bought a few automobiles for three veterinarians. My dogs have their own dedicated bedroom in our house and their own condominium (heated and air-conditioned) built off the garage accessed by doggie doors when they want to go outside.

Go on over to my website www.puppyprints.net and look at some of these little toots. It won’t take you long to fall in love. I have a lot of experience with dogs and nurturing, so I spend a lot of time talking with people about dogs. People (strangers) call me at least 3 times a week for help, mostly referred by people who have bought Frenchies from me. I love the dogs. No doubt about that.